Homelessness Prevention Support Service
Worried about losing your home?
If you have been struggling to pay the rent and other household bills you might be anxious about going to court, being evicted by your landlord, or just want to know where you stand with your tenancy.
If so, our Homelessness Prevention Support Service (HPSS) may be able to help you.
We are working in partnership with Milton Keynes Council to advise local people who are at risk of, or worried about, being made homeless.
Our specialist advisers are on hand to provide free, confidential, and impartial advice on:
- debt and financial problems
- housing rights, homelessness, and legal proceedings
- universal credit and other welfare benefits
Our team will provide people with a safe space to talk about their situation while we work to support them in finding a long-term solution.
Anyone using the service will be assessed by one of our triage team before being referred to an adviser, and the level of support provided will be designed to fit your situation.
There are a few ways you can get in touch with an adviser yourself:
- Phone: 0808 278 7991 (calls to this number are free) Mon – Fri, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Video Chat: Click here to access our ‘Digital Drop In’. See home page for opening hours.
- E-mail: Click here to refer yourself via our secure web form
You can also be referred direct to the HPSS by a Housing Solutions Officer from Milton Keynes Council.