At Citizens Advice Milton Keynes, our Community Mediators are here to help you resolve a dispute between you and your neighbours.
As we know even the smallest dispute can affect your life and happiness.
If you are locked in a dispute and you think going to court or involving the police maybe your only option – think again. Our mediation service might be able to help you find a way forward. Please note we do not offer family mediation as part of this service
Mediation Line: 01908 545180
(Please leave a message if line is unmanned)
The following is not an exhaustive list but it best describes some of the main causes of disputes that are known to arise between neighbours.
- Life style or cultural differences
- Use of shared or communal spaces
- Physical boundaries and rights of way – walls, fences, pathways etc.
- Financial arrangements
Community mediation is:
- Free to users
- A service that allows for disputes to be addressed at an early stage, potentially avoiding further escalation.
- Appropriate for parties who are usually neighbours or in some form of ongoing relationship
- Able to focus on improving communication and restoring relationships
Our trained mediators aim to help people find better ways to resolve the sort of disputes which arise in their everyday lives.
It is a proven model of community empowerment and social justice which helps to build stronger more cohesive communities who are better equipped to help resolve conflicts in the future. Those who choose to engage with mediation use it to achieve greater understanding, talk about the impact the dispute has had on their life and hopefully agree a way forward to resolve their dispute.